Tuesday 8 March 2011

Music magazine: Second set of photographs.

Here is a gif to show most of my second set of photographs for my music magazine. The pictures displayed below this are those that i did not include in the gif, as they are the images that i will use for my contents page, and double page spread. When i first started to take the pictures, i realised i had the same problem that i had when i took my first set of photographs. The light was reflecting off of the ukelele, and often, there was too much light reflected onto my models face, and so to eliminate the problem i turned one of the lights i was using off, and moved the other away slightly, which solved the problem. I took a range of photographs to ensure that i had many to use if my ideas for my final pages changed, and i needed images that were still usable. When taking these images, i thought about my target audience more, thinking about what a 13-16 year old girl, or boy might wear, and so i dressed my model in a Reading Festival tshirt, and a ripped, bleach denim skirt, as well as her various bands for festivals she had attended.
This is the image that i have chosen to use on my contents page. When looking at my contents page research, it is clear to see that images on the contents page are often of only 3/4 of the models body, ending at around their waist, and this was something i took into consideration when i took my photographs. I think that this image is suitable for my contents page as it follows the same guidelines as other images that i have evaluated. It is a simple image, and the model has a small smile on her face, which is very similar to an image i have seen before.
The image on the top was the photograph that i originally planned to have on my double page spread, but after editing it, i decided that the image on the right would work much better. Both use the instrument in a fairly creative way, while the model has a fairly black expression on her face, with her shirt in plain view. After evaluating other magazines, i realised that they usually have an image of their model from their waist up, which they place around the middle of the page.
I like this image as it is quite playful compared to the others. On most magazines double spread pages, there is a full length image of the model, which is usually quirky in one way or another. This image shows her entire outfit, which i think my target audience would identify with, as much of it would be typical clothing for themselves. Despite the photograph seeming a little posed, it still seems relaxed, which is something i wanted to show through my photographs, as it reflects my artists personality.
This is one of my favourite photographs, as i feel it really shows what i was aiming for when i first started thinking about my photographs. I wanted a cheeky image of someone having fun, with an expression that you might not normally see with most artists in a magazine, as often they are reserved. I think that this image would appeal to my target audience as it shows someone with a bubbly personality who is not much older than themselves, and so they could relate to them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment