Wednesday 23 March 2011

Music magazine: Double page spread drafts.

Below i have placed all of my double page spread drafts, as i changed many things when trying to complete it. I will comment on why i changed certain things, as well as why i kept certain things the same.

This was the first draft of my double page spread. I made this before doing most of my research, and so i ended up creating too much text, which would not be a common feature of other similar magazines. I decided to keep most of the layout of the same, with the advertisement at the bottom of the right-hand side, with the title in a irregular shape, the main quotes on the left-hand side, and the small introduction. I felt that this layout didn't suit an interview with an upcoming music star, as there wasn't much room for the image to be placed, which would mean that the model would not be seen too clearly.

As you can see, after removing some text, and rearranging it, i felt that the main images would look better if placed on opposite sides, with a smaller image in the middle of the right page. I then realised that i had blank white space above some of the text on the right-hand side of the double page spread, and i felt that i shouldn't add another image because the page would look too crowded if there were four all over the pages. I added the magazines title and a small summary of what the article included in the top right corner, instead of having it on the left side.

Following the previous draft, i changed the page number, removing the word "page" as it was not commonly seen on other examples. I changed the colour of the advertisement at the bottom of the right page, as i felt that the blue and purple from before wasn't working. I altered it so that the pale green created a link with the words, as it is advertising Josie Stuart's new single, "Faraway Fields". I rearranged the text again so that the columns on the right page were shorted, allowing room for the image at the bottom, instead of in the middle of the page, moving the smaller quote to underneath the magazine title. Even after all of these changes, i felt that something wasn't quite working, and decided that i needed to change the small image at the bottom of the right page, replacing it with another which can be seen on my completed double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment