Wednesday 9 March 2011

Music magazine: Double page spread text.

For my double page spread, i have decided to structure it as an interview.  Originally, the amount of text i had was too much for my double page spread, and so i reduced the amount. I have added my final interview text below this to show what it will say.


For Josie Stuart, it seems that her musical career is taking off and has no intention of coming back down. Despite her unconventional choice of instrument, people just can’t stop loving her…

We
sit with our tea
in the small room we’ve booked for Josie Stuart’s interview, and eagerly await her arrival. As the clock ticks on, we all chat and gossip about this new celebrity, born and bread in our very own London streets. Just as soon as we start, the door swings open, and in walks Josie, wearing bright purple tights and Doc Martens. It’s hard not to notice just how often this girl smiles. It’s a much appreciated and refreshing sight. Her welcoming face and bold clothing put smiles on our faces that don’t disappear until well after she leaves.


Interviewer: Hey, Josie. It’s great to finally meet you.
Josie: Thanks! It’s really lovely to be here.

Interviewer: So, instead of beating around the bush, how about we jump right in and talk about what you’re wearing today. What inspired your look?
Josie: Erm, in all honesty? I just opened my wardrobe and grabbed what I saw first. Except for the tights,
I chose those deliberately.

Interviewer: Purple seems to be a prominent colour in your life. Is there any reason for that?

Josie: When I was younger my mum gave me my first musical instrument. It was a small purple flute.
Obviously, it was a toy one, meant to, I don’t know, encourage children to have more fun with music, which is definitely something I promote. Anyway, as soon as she gave it to me, I never seemed to put it down. It drove everyone, and I mean everyone crazy. Even from when I was young, I’ve always loved performing.

Interviewer: You have many fond memories of home, then. What would you say is your favourite one?
Josie: Hmm… There’s so many, you know? I think it would have to be when my aunt, uncle and cousins came round for Christmas two years ago. My mum was in panic overload, rushing to get this, that and the other. In the end, she fell asleep on the sofa, forgot about the meat in the oven, and, well... The next thing we know, the turkey is burnt so much, we don’t even think it’s a turkey anymore, so we all ate pizza
for dinner instead. My family are all born performers; it just depends on what you consider entertainment…

Interviewer: Ahh, would you say your family is just as fun and spontaneous as you are, then? As we heard about your impromptu gig at the shopping centre...
Josie: Yes, definitely. They allowed me to grow as a person, and I thank them a lot for that. Without them, I don’t think I’d be as crazy as I am now! The gig was for the upcoming Red Nose Day, so I called a local
shopping centre, and I asked them if I could perform there, charging a small fee to raise money for charity. For laughs I turned up in a Dalmatian babygrow, I wanted to keep everything fun and light-hearted, you know? What I didn’t expect was for hundreds to turn up! I think some people were a little surprised to see me playing the guitar as well as my ukulele. People forget that although I do use my ukulele, I mostly play the guitar. I like to change it up a bit. Keep you on your toes.

Interviewer: One of our reporters went to your gig and said they loved every minute. You’re one of those rare celebrities that treat their fans like actual people, and kids look up to you.
Josie: I wouldn’t be anywhere without my fans. They’re very special to me. I mean, I get to play the ukulele for a living! Who can say they do that? It’s nothing short of a miracle. I’m just…I’m loving every single minute of my life right now, and I want to do everything I can to give back to the world. I just love to see people smile, and if I’m the cause of it, then I feel I’ve accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment