Monday 28 February 2011

Music magazine: Draft front cover.

This was my draft music magazine front cover. I tried to use the same concepts from previous magazines i had evaluated on my own, and i feel it turned out okay. Regardless, after recieving comments on what could be improved and what was good, i decided to redo my front cover, but keep much of it the same. Although my original target audience was girls and boys between the ages of 14 or 15 to 18, after it was reviewed, many commented on how it seems to be aimed towards girls and boys, but between the ages of 13 and 16, which i agree with. I have decided to change a few of the artist names as many are mainly listened to by older people, and so do not relate to my target audience. When i complete my finished front cover, i will add a few more features like a price, a bright and interesting feature on the left side to replace the list of bands that would be unfamiliar to my target audience. As well as this, i will be rearranging some features, like the barcode and writing.

1 comment:

  1. I can see this coming along well. You need to show how you develop this to get to your final magazine choice.

    However, a big problem is that this cover does not seem to emerge from the research you have done. This is not like a Q magazine cover at all. Go back a do some supporting research in order to come to a good understanding of how to finish off your cover

    ReplyDelete