Wednesday 13 October 2010

School magazine research continued: Photographs.

From my previous magazine research, i have decided that my cover image will be of a student studying within a classroom, or outdoors. I will find images that follow this focus, and analyse and comment on them.
I like this photo as it seems fairly realistic, but the expression on the child's face does not seem as though he is enjoying the work. It would not encourage others to work themselves, as it looks as though he is struggling. I also find the blurred students in the background a good effect to add, as it keeps the focus on the student at the front of the class. The attention on the student is also reinforced by the blurred board, leaving nothing to be distracted by. I would like to use an image similar to this on my front cover, but with a few adjustments made.

This image is well lighted, and seems to focus on their faces more than what they are studying. It is unclear whether they are actually working, as they look more like a few friends that decided to spend time together. For that reason i would not use an image similar to this on my front cover. Their expressions seem quite genuine and relaxed, but all of the arms and hands over the computer seem to be both distracting and confusing as we can not see who's arm belongs to who.

I like that in this image you can clearly see the students working in a relaxed and calm environment, but everything seems too cluttered. The pens, bottles, fruit and work are all piled up on one side, leaving them with what looks like little room. Additionally, we can not see more than half the face on each person, as they all hide each other. They do not have much, if any expression on their faces, and the picture is uninteresting and unvaried.

The expressions on their faces are inviting and would hopefully encourage someone to read the magazine if it was used on the front cover. It is not natural at all, but they are lighted well, and the focus on studying is addressed as they all have a ook and pen in their laps. The background is warm and adds a little colour to the otherwise plain photo. I will pay attention to the expression on my model's face when i take the pictures for my cover.

1 comment:

  1. Ilike the fact the firstthreeimages are so focused onto just one pose type.

    ReplyDelete