Monday 11 October 2010

27/09/10 - Magazine Titles

These are my first set of magazine titles, that i created on Adobe InDesign CS4. I created them all by experimenting with the effects, colours, and fonts. Using these designs for my title, i will create 5 or 6 more designs using design ideas from these, and combining them. This will help me to choose how my title will look, as i would have narrowed the options down. I like many of these designs, but quite a few are hard to read as they are not clear. Some are also two intricate for a school magazine. My title should be fairly easy to read, as it is not the focus of the magazine. The focus should be on the contents on the inside.
From the previous titles i have selected two and combined them to narrow down my selection. Using these six new designs, i will select my final title that i will use on my school magazine. I think that although these designs okay for a magazine, a few are still unclear and too intricate, so i will select the one that is clearest and easiest to read.
I have finished developing my title designs and have selected the above image as my final title as i think it is clear, colourful, but also quite simple. I also feel as though it is quite memorable, and eye catching. Through using stages, i have changed the font, the size, colour, alignment, and experimented with the many different effects available.

1 comment: